Everybody wants to rule the world

Just a bit about me ^_^

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Prince charming

Last week somebody asked me: have you met your prince charming yet? My answer: I do not believe in prince charming, so: no.... I do not believe in the white horse and the happily (n)ever after ;) What I do believe in? Love. I think love can conquer a lot of things. But definitely not everything. Love is sometimes live and let go.

It is a harsh reality to be living life in anywayz... It never goes the way you planned (or hoped/wished for...I do not believe in planning everything :p). My own wishes are sometimes simple, I wish he would call, and sometimes impossible, I wish my nephew did not have a life threatening disease. You have to pick yourself up and keep going, enjoying the things life does have to offer for you. As for me, you can make me happy by just letting the sun shine and to be kind as I am to others. I ask nothing more and nothing less. What you give, you should get in return is my motto. One of the others is: practice what you preach. There is nothing more frustrating than people who say one thing but do the other...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    To me, love would be hard work. Love means you've got a base, but that's not enough to keep it going strong for years.

    Also, nothing frustrates me more than people saying that 'in order to get respect from me, you should show some respect first'. It should be mutual at the same time. I guess my motto would be is to make the world a little better by showing respect to everyone even though people haven't exactly been the nicest to you initially, hard as it may be.
    And now it's back to studying!

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Viviana said…

    Love is not hard work, but if you want to make a relationship work, it is hard work indeed. I agree :)

    I did not mean it like that. I really WANT to get in return what I give, that would make me a very happy person :p It's more like: act the way you want to be treated by somebody :)

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I didn't mean it as an attack on what you think, I basically agreed on what you said. Just said that in general I hate it when people say 'hey, give me this, and then I'll think about giving it back' rather than 'I'll be nice first, and will hope to get it in return'.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home