Everybody wants to rule the world

Just a bit about me ^_^

Sunday, July 26, 2009

No work, no play!

As said before, I am looking into masters and internships for the comming period :) [aka 2010-2011]

Masters

I have looked into masters in Denmark, the United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands. There are a lot of nice masters in, especially, the UK. The problem, however, is funding. College tuition fees are around 3000-5000 pounds! Which is a lot. Second problem, you have to have good grades and the grading system in the UK is very different from ours. So I have not quite figured out in which category I fit in the UK system... Ofcourse it will matter little, because if I really like the university or master I will ofcourse try getting in anywayz :p But it is always nice to know if you even stand a chance ;)
The kind of masters I looked at where: contemporary East Asian studies, International Relations and the subfields of both (so Japanese studies and Security Studies for example).

Internship

I found out that the ministry of foreign affairs has a lot of very good internships! One of those was with the United Nations permanent representation in Vienna... I adore that one, so I will definitly try to apply with that one :) I can also write to different embassy's in the world to try to get an internship there. The catch here is that you have to be a master student, or at least studying in the Netherlands. Since I will have my bachelor in January, I will have to enroll in my masters program in Groningen to even apply to this internship. My intention is not to finish this master, so I don't know if that is possible...

All in all, there are a lot of possibilities and I will try to explore them all and, if possible, try to apply to most of them :p

Wii

My father did not want to keep his wii, so I could buy it from him :D So I am very happy WHIIIEEE ;) I'll take a look if I can set the thing up tomorrow at my home ^__^

The end of the story is, I need money, so I have to save every penny (or euro :p) I can to make my dream of studying abroad come true :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home