Everybody wants to rule the world

Just a bit about me ^_^

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Perfection

I have the strange tendency to always want to strive for perfection. If somebody says you should do this, this and this way, I save it onto my harddisk and remember it... I will always try to incorporate 'critique' into my further actions. Would this be for my drivers lisence or in a relationship, I save 'critique' and try to do it better next time. In general, this is a nice thing, since it makes you develop and grow. But it also puts a lot of pressure on yourself, always wanting to do it 'right'. Especially since you probably will never do it entirely 'right'.
It also makes me very insecure sometimes, since I do not leave much room for myself to make mistakes. Moreover, I am afraid of being judged for the mistakes I make. I have the tendency to feel like I will not only fail myself, but mainly others by making mistakes. But the real question is, what is a mistake and how should you fix it, or even if you have to fix it at all. Anybody can make mistakes or do something in a way other people don't like. I just have no clue where to draw the line and not be so hard on myself...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I always think that mistakes are to learn from, as you're doing already. No one will ever do everything perfect, and it's the imperfections people will relate to. Too perfect people are boring; and you're just right the way you are!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home